Versioning of releases made for core Switch services
This document provides guidelines regarding the versioning strategy used for the releases of Mojaloop Open Source repositories corresponding to the Switch services.
- The current versioning system is inspired by the Semantic Versioning numbering system for releases.
- However, this is customized to depict the timelines of the Mojaloop project, based on the Program Increment (PI) and Sprint numbers
- For example, the release number v5.1.0 implies that this release was the first one made during a Sprint 5.1, where Sprint5.1 is the first Sprint in PI-5. So for a version vX.Y.Z, X.Y is the Sprint number where X is the PI number and Z represents the number of release for this specific repository. Example v4.4.4 implies that the current release is the fourth of four releases made in Sprint 4.4 (of PI-4)
The currrent version information for Mojaloop can be found here.
- A new release for helm repo is made whenver a configuration change is needed for any of the core Switch services based on the changes made (features, bug-fixes).
- However, if there is no release made to helm necessitated by a configuration change, then a release is done every Sprint anyway, to bring it up to date with the latest releases on the core Switch services.