Versioning of releases made for core Switch services
This document provides guidelines regarding the versioning strategy used for the releases of Mojaloop Open Source repositories corresponding to the Switch services.
- The current versioning system is inspired by the Semantic Versioning numbering system for releases.
- However, this is customized to depict the timelines of the Mojaloop project, based on the Program Increment (PI) and Sprint numbers
- For example, the release number v5.1.0 implies that this release was the first one made during a Sprint 5.1, where Sprint5.1 is the first Sprint in PI-5. So for a version vX.Y.Z, X.Y is the Sprint number where X is the PI number and Z represents the number of release for this specific repository. Example v4.4.4 implies that the current release is the fourth of four releases made in Sprint 4.4 (of PI-4)
The currrent version information for Mojaloop can be found here.
Sprint schedule for PI8
Below is the Sprint schedule for Program Increment 8 which ends with Phase-4 kickoff event at the of January 2020 in Johannesburg, SA. Please use this as guidance during the versioning and release processes.
|Phase-3 PI6 On-site||4/16/2019||4/18/2019||3 days||Johannesburg|
|Phase-3 PI7 On-site||6/25/2019||6/27/2019||3 days||Arusha|
|Phase-3 PI8 On-site||9/10/2019||9/12/2019||3 days||Abidjan|
|Sprint 8.1||9/16/2019||9/29/2019||2 weeks|
|Sprint 8.2||9/30/2019||10/13/2019||2 weeks|
|Sprint 8.3||10/14/2019||10/27/2019||2 weeks|
|Sprint 8.4||10/28/2019||11/10/2019||2 weeks|
|Sprint 8.5||11/11/2019||11/24/2019||2 weeks|
|Sprint 8.6||11/25/2019||12/8/2019||2 weeks|
|Sprint 8.7||12/9/2019||1/5/2020||4 weeks||Christmas Break|
|Sprint 8.8||1/6/2020||1/26/2020||3 weeks||1 week prep|
|Phase-4 Kick-off On-site||1/28/2020||1/30/2020||3 days||Johannesburg|
- A new release for helm repo is made whenver a configuration change is needed for any of the core Switch services based on the changes made (features, bug-fixes).
- However, if there is no release made to helm necessitated by a configuration change, then a release is done every Sprint anyway, to bring it up to date with the latest releases on the core Switch services.