On September 18 on the margins of the UN General Assembly, New America, a nonprofit, nonpartisan think tank, will convene a landmark event for the emerging field of digital public goods. Heads of state and government, multilateral organizations, civil society leaders, technologists, and some of the world’s largest funders will come together with the goal of launching a decade of work to develop open digital platforms for the public sector. The event will examine models, mechanisms, and architecture necessary to advance the use of digital public goods to build more effective institutions.
The event will open with remarks from New America CEO Anne-Marie Slaughter, heads of government, and the UN Secretary General’s Special Adviser followed by a plenary session with leading technologists, philanthropists, and digital government practitioners including Mojaloop Foundation Board Member, CV Madhukar. The session will conclude with a digital roundtable including Mojaloop Foundation Executive Director, Paula Hunter, during which participants will negotiate a joint declaration launching a Decade of Digital Public Goods for Effective Institutions.
*This event is free and open to the public.
High Level Speakers
- Rodger Voorhies, President, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Audrey Tang, Digital Minister, Taiwan
- Jim Zemlin, Executive Director, Linux Foundation
- Rohini Nilekani, Founder-Chairperson, Arghyam
- Reid Hoffman, Founder, LinkedIn; Board Member, New America
- CV Madhukar, Investment Partner, Omidyar Network
- Sanjay Pradhan, CEO, Open Government Partnership
- Dr. Gavin Hayman, Executive Director, Open Contracting Partnership
- Thomas E. Garrett, Secretary General, Community of Democracies
- Zia Khan, Senior Vice President, Rockefeller Foundation
- Dakota Greuner, Executive Director, ID2020
- Paula Hunter, Executive Director, Mojaloop Foundation
- David Sengeh, Chief Innovation Officer, Minister of Basic and Senior Secondary Education, Sierra Leone
- Sonal Shah, Founding Executive Director, Beeck Center for Social Impact + Innovation
- Doug Rutzen, CEO, International Center for Not-for-Profit Law
- Tanuj Bhojwani, Fellow, iSPIRT
- Dr. S. Rajagopalan, MOSIP